I am a one-man consulting firm that uses qualified sub-contractors for those cases where additional specialization is needed. A key part of my practice is to accept only interesting work and to keep enough time in my schedule for pro bono work and self-education.
2001-Current :: Webb Software
- General software and consulting services. (See services.)
- Develop primarily in PHP and ASP for web projects. (Occasionally work in JSP.)
- Fluent in SQL Server and MySQL.
- Fluent in Unidata and multi-value environment.
- Assisted former employer in ERP upgrades, SQL Server integration, and special dynamic forms integration with Optio.
- Developed application for processing data for the Mailing Services industry, specializing in recurring mailings like invoicing and statements and providing customized formatting and handling of end-customer documents.
1994-2001 :: McKesson APS
- Director, Information Systems
- Specialty manufacturing company for Pharmacy industry with over 6,000 customers. McKesson Corporation acquired this business unit in 1998.
- Grew from a team 1 to 12, building the technology infrastructure for a company of 65 (1994) to over 300 (2001).
- Deployed Avante ERP system (Unidata) in 1998-1999 as part of the “technology roll-out” that allowed the company to grow from $14M to $36M in annual revenue.
1990-1994 :: Orpheus Computer Systems
- Partner & Consultant
- Provided hardware & software support, some training.
- Developed custom software for clients.
- Provided general consulting, network planning, and network installation.
- Programmer for third-party benefits company.
- Student programmer in systems group (IBM mainframe environment).
- Worked on several VAX/VMS projects for departments within the University.
- Attended NLU, now University of Louisiana at Monroe (ULM).